The course included:
- Introduction to single bed stitch structures
- Introduction to different types of yarns, needles, various functions, material equipment
- Developing samples. Compiling a portfolio, including hole stitching, weave, tuck, lace structures, hand finishing skills
- Introduction to hand knit Fair Isle
- Introduction to Shetland machine lace knitting
- Hand finishing skills
Here are some of the samples and work that we created including a beautiful frill scarf – with very square points, a mesh effect, some hand lacing (to get an appreciation of how punch cards work), fairisle and a camisole top.