This week I have been focusing on my second garment, an apron with lots of ties at the back. It is made from a pre-printed embroidery table cloth which I found at the fabulous Bits and Bobs scrap store.

apron-back

 Carrying on the sight issue theme and the need to create an interesting tactile surface I have been sampling with my puff paint doilies, beads and buttons.

apron-sample2

To give the piece a bit more of a quirky edge I have also made some cover buttons with images of bumble bees…

apron-sample1

And of course a corsage will be required:

apron-corsage

This weekend I will be busy finalising my composition, hand stitching everything down and adding beads. And then moving back to my coat…

Advertisements