As I posted last week, I have been making lots of fabric roses over the last couple of weeks, linking into the rose water used in the making of turkish delight. This includes soft roses made from chiffon:

chiffon-roses

And more close knit roses using heavier fabrics:

closer-roses

I then started playing around with different sizes and with placing them on the body. Starting with something subdued!

roses1_sample

Then something more floaty:

roses2_sample

With a bit more contrast:

roses3_sample

Pretty in purple:

roses4_sample1

Ready for a ball?

roses5_sample

Then I started exploring using some of the screen printed fabrics I had left over from my work experience in the summer. This one is a screen printed stretch of sari fabric in a gorgeous shot turquoise silk:

screen-printed-halter-top

Also thinking about the traditional top from a Salwar Kameez.

screenprinted-fabrics1

And a combination of screen printing with roses:

screenprinted-top3

Lots of ideas and possibilities then! Meantime the harem trousers are come on. We started with a basic easy fitting trouser block and have been adapting them to the shape we want. The pattern is looking a little mad at the moment. However the proof of the pudding will be in the toiling…

Advertisements