I found that I had got a wee bit overwhelmed with all the different strands of research that I had gathered and so decided to consolidate my key ideas into a moodboard using the inspiration of Desert Rose:

mood-board-for-desert-rose

This feels alot better now allowing me to focus more…

I have also been thinking about my head piece this week, starting of with just playing with the different widths of sinamay bias strips I had made the week before. Starting off with upright coils that could eventually be attached to a classic Alice Band:

sinamay-coils

Then something a little less ordered:

sinamay-coils2

Evolving into more of a ‘hat’:

sinamay-coils3

Then framing the face with fabric and topping with a single rose:

sinamay-coils4

I have also been exploring an alternative approach with a gorgeous turban that I picked up for £5 at vintage emporium Armstrongs:

 turban-hat-from-armstrongs

Which could then become a base for a rose topped turban head piece:

roses-headpiece

With perhaps a gold highlight:

roses-headpiece-with-gold

I have sent off for samples from a number of fabric suppliers for (silk if I win the lottery!) taffeta for my harem pants:

I am now preparing for the Easter holidays, and am looking forward to a trip to London to go to Berwick Street to visit The Cloth House et la. Heaven…

Advertisements